Thursday, April 1, 2010

And You Thought Your Scooter Was Cool

It’s not every day you see someone driving a scooter with fifteen-foot flames shooting from the back—but that’s exactly what happened to me yesterday while driving along Middle Road in Paget Parish. All of the sudden this fellow just blasted by flames a-flyin’. Curiosity now peaked, I decided to catch up with Mr. Road Rager for a brief conversation at the red light between Middle and South roads. ME: "Dude, what’s up with your bike?” HIM: “It’s a lot of fun and firing the flames makes me feel like James Bond, even though I'm just a plumber.” ME: "Yeah, but isn't it dangerous?" HIM: "The flames are pretty big so you can definitely set fire to someone's car if you wanted to." ME: "Umm, right. So does it get hot?" HIM: "It can get rather hot if you're riding the moped and blast the flames when the wind is in the wrong direction." ME: “Ouch. But is it legal?” HIM: “I’ve been told that if I fire the flames while riding on the road it’s equivalent to using a firearm and I could be in a lot of trouble.” ME: “So basically you don’t care if you get caught?” HIM: “Well considering this whole cockamamie story is a made up to trick your readers on April Fools Day, well, no.” Gotcha. To read about where this bike really was go here, in the meantime, happy April first.

No comments:

Post a Comment