Tuesday, December 7, 2010

On The Rocks

If I'm hankering for a cocktail in Bermuda it's no secret that I'd normally grab a Dark n' Stormy. The sweet and spicy mix of Gosling's Black Seal rum and fizzy ginger beer is the country's national drink and can easily be ordered at any island bar or restaurant. If I'm looking for a drink in the South Pole however, I might reach for something a little stronger—ya know, something to warm the bones that also has a long shelf life. Like whiskey. More specifically single malt Scotch whiskey, which has long been the preferred hooch of the world's greatest explorers like Ernest Shackleton. How can I be so sure? Five cases of 114-year-old Mackinlay's whiskey were recently found buried in Antarctic ice beneath Shackleton's Cape Royds expedition hut, a discovery that has delighted whiskey enthusiasts the world over since they've been frozen since 1907. If you'd like to learn more about the literally groundbreaking discovery, then head on over to my Outside Television blog This Way Out and read On The Rocks, about the newest oldest whiskey in the world. In the meantime I'll be back tomorrow with all of your regularly scheduled Bermuda Shorts programming. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment